Well it has been over a month since I blogged. This post will be highlights of the month of January!
1. Elementary teachers at ELC are doing great things with technology! In the past week I have spent most of my time between the elementary buildings helping students and teachers in using Google Drive, conference projects and iPad/Apple TV applications. After leaving professional development I was so excited about the things they are doing. Hopefully I will have some things to share with you in the next week!
2. Angela Maiers visited with our district staff this month! AWESOME! There were so many things that we can use in our daily teaching. Our teachers are incorporating parts of the things she talked about including genius hour and I Matter projects! I am just beginning to read her book Classroom Habitudes and am very excited to continue reading and learn from her.
3. Kevin Honeycutt spoke in Storm Lake and our district leadership team was able to be in attendance! He too was AMAZING! His website is full of resources for our students and teachers. He also introduced us to his other website Artsnacks. There are great resources here for incorporating art into the classroom.
4. Techie Tuesday is up and running again. We have had two sessions; Using the Google Chrome Browser and Haiku Deck. This is a great time to experience new tools. Reminder Techie Tuesday is run every Tuesday beginning at 3:45 in the Online Learning Center.
5. I started a new group called "Google Group". Here we are just focusing strictly on Google tools. We have met just one time where we talked about the Chrome Browser and Chrome Extensions. So many cool things that Google does for us! I am working on a schedule of meeting times for this and will get this to you as soon as I know.
6. Our technology committee has begun to look at devices for our 1to1 initiative. We are bringing in the following devices to look at: iPads, Chromebooks and Netbooks. A select group of high school teachers and students will be part of a pilot group that will use these to find out the pros and cons on each when used in the classroom.
Lastly, it has been a great ride so far. Many things that we can be proud of at ELC. We are moving in the right direction and I am very excited to be a part of it!