Friday, December 20, 2013

TIES Reflection


WOW!!!! TIES was amazing! I recommend this conference to any teacher who wants to prepare our students for the FUTURE!

I learned so much and am now trying to figure out how to relay all the information to the staff and students at ELC.

Marc Prensky was one of the keynote speakers. While getting my master's we talked a lot about Marc Prensky. He talked about Future*Cation and Past*Cation. Many of our classrooms are preparing our students for the past when we should be preparing them for a future that is unknown. "The main way we understood the world was through reading. The main way today's kids understand the world is through TECHNOLOGY." Change is hard but it is imperative for our students that we change the way we teach. Many things to think about and I know it is not easy!

As the new year is upon us, I want you to know that I am very excited about the direction ELC is headed. Many great teachers with many great things to come!

iSummitMN is another great opportunity for you to learn more about the use of iPads in the classroom!

Techie Tuesdays and a new Google Group will be offered during 2nd semester to help with your own professional development! If you are interested let me know!

Happy Holidays! Enjoy the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment