Today I had the opportunity to attend a pre-conference workshop at the TIES conference in Minneapolis. My first workshop was Chrome & Chromebooks: The Teacher's Pets. Here is the link to the information presented by Angela & Eric.
I learned so much about the Chrome browser! There are so many apps and extensions to use with the browser to help create and share content. I will highlight some of favorite apps and extensions I learned about today.
1. 1 Click Timer Extension - On screen timer to use to keep yourself on schedule or your students.
2. Split Screen - Allows for you to have two different websites up at once.
3. Send this link with Gmail - Will send the URL of the webpage you are on from your Gmail account
4. ShortenMe - This extension shortens the URL and also gives you a QR Code.
1. Google Docs Template Gallery - has some templates you can use or you can create to share with students. (works with Google Drive)
2. Pixlr Editor - allows you to edit pictures (works with Google Drive)
3. VideoNotes - you can watch a video and take notes at the same time (works with Google Drive)
4. Move Note - allows you to video comment on student work
You can find all of these in the Chrome Web Store.
Let me know if you would like more information on any of these. Be sure to join the Google Group to learn more!